Games beaten during hiatus – Pokémon Black (again)
Games started during hiatus – Chrono Trigger
Games started and beaten during hiatus – Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Undertale (!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Hello! Long time, no… Post. For me. But for you, read. Uh…
Hello! Long time, no interact…! (Is that any better!?) Whimsically Theoretical has been on hiatus for the past few months, but I am planning to end that hiatus, hence this post!
There are some ~significant changes~ coming to Whimsically Theoretical! As some of you may know, I am a music teacher and composer, in addition to being a video game music enthusiast. I teach almost 30 classes a week (Kindergarten – 4th grade + After School Music Theory), interacting with roughly 600 children, which means I have TONS of entertaining stories to share on a weekly basis. Those of you that also work with small children know that kids tend to say the most spontaneously hilarious things. I have decided to start incorporating little anecdotes from my music classes into my website!
I also mentioned being a composer! As some of you also may know, I earned my B.A. in Music Composition from the College of Creative Studies at University of California, Santa Barbara about two and a half years ago. I haven’t written much music since then (the program was pretty intense and I had quite a burn-out), but I have slowly been getting back into it, key word being SLOWLY. In addition to teaching anecdotes, I may also be posting some new music that I will be writing! 🙂 But these posts won’t be nearly as frequent. Don’t wanna force the creativity, you know? 😉
The exact format and schedule for these new posts has yet to be determined, but some possibilities are biweekly vlogs (I may just film myself rambling about my teaching day as I drive home from work XD), videos once I get home, articles with various images, videos about new music I’m writing with some thought processes and back stories, both videos and articles… Again, it has yet to be determined, and may just turn out to be whatever I feel like doing that day! ;P
Whichever format I choose to do, the plan is to put out something—maybe two things—every week. Probably in the middle of the week. Like Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Like today. We’ll see.
With all these changes taking place, here are some things that will NOT be changing:
- general abundance of enthusiasm
- sense of humor
- an overarching and overwhelming love for music and video games
I will continue doing interviews with up-and-coming composers as well as musicians I find who are doing awesome things with video game music! I plan to continue my “Across the Generations” series, and I may also start a new series, if I feel so inclined. There will also be more reviews and in-depth analyses, so be sure to look out for those as well!
I have not said this yet, so I will say it now: THANK YOU!! to everyone who has been a part of this website, either by actually being IN it (I am so so SO thankful to have made a few really great friends with some of the composers I’ve talked to!! ^_^), or simply by reading my articles, and sharing them with your friends and family! I hope you have all enjoyed the content that has been up so far, and I sincerely hope you will enjoy the content that has yet to come!
A few side notes:
- I like to interview up-and-coming composers whom I discover myself and take interest in, so I will not be taking any requests for interviews
- I love to geek out about video games, so please feel free to send me any messages about your favorite video games and we can geek out together
- I just beat Undertale, so if you’d like to geek about that game in particular, please feel free to message me about it (it was seriously such an astonishingly life-changing game, so please, talk to me about it!!)
- If you’re also a teacher of any sort, feel free to message me about your experiences, or even better, post your experiences in the comments of future articles where I tell my teaching stories!
- Comments are always welcome and very much appreciated! Please comment on any and all of my articles ^____^